Running at a Snail's Pace...

...but determined to get there in the end!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Its only 3 days until Christmas!


Morning all!

Having felt like an old woman yesterday, I went back to the drawing board with my training plan for this week as I really didn't feel that I could pull my body through 3 mile reps yesterday at the club. So, I 'rested' yesterday evening in front of the box (watched a really interesting programme about the Titanic with Baldrick aka Tony Robinson, and then the making of Live 8...so it was worth staying in for).

My revised plan is thus:

Monday - 1 mile swim
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 3 miles
Thursday - rest
Friday - rest
Saturday - 6 miles
Christmas Day - 3 miles.....if I feel I can drag myself away from helping cook the Christmas lunch ; )

So, with the new plan in mind, I am just back from my 3 mile run which went off without a hitch. I have to say that I found it harder than Sunday's effort but I think that is because my muscles have truely forgotten what it feels like to run! I wanted to stop after 1.5 miles and walk for a bit, but I resisted and used markers to get myself round the rest ie: keep going until you reach the bin on the left....keep going until you reach the tree on the right.

3 miles: 28.56

Reading Charlie Chuckles blog today made me giggle, as I had a similar situation with my Christmas tree, only ours never actually made it up because we tore off some of it's branches by mistake trying to get it out of the loft! It is now in the bin and we are using our Dracaena plant as a substitute tree (see pic!)...I think it quite likes it's new role mascarading as a Christmas tree!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 pm, Blogger C A D said…

    Aaww lovely tree!!!

    :o)

    And sensible being flexible with the training plan.

     
  • At 10:36 am, Blogger Charlie Chuckles said…

    Hi Snail's Pace,

    Happy New Year!!!

    Hope you had a great Christmas and the training is going well.

    Thanks very much for the sponsorship, I really appreciate it. Can I return the favour if you are running for a charity?

    Cheers, Charlie

     
  • At 12:56 am, Blogger purple heyes said…

    Hi, Im doing some research into various themes around Jogging such as 'asics running shoes'. I need to find more contributors. I've found some at asics running shoes but I need more ideas on where to look. Any ideas?
    Thank you

     
  • At 12:56 am, Blogger purple heyes said…

    Hi, Im doing some research into various themes around Jogging such as 'asics running shoes'. I need to find more contributors. I've found some at asics running shoes but I need more ideas on where to look. Any ideas?
    Thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home